Wednesday, June 17, 2015

2 weeks!!!

Monday was 2 weeks since my surgery, but I haven't found the time to update till now!

Not a whole lot has changed.  I'm still swollen in my upper lip and cheeks under my eyes.  I have been "eating" things like yogurt, pudding, and pastina (really tiny pasta), basically anything that I can take from a spoon and swallow without chewing.   That's why I'm using the term eating loosely here.  I feel like it's not eating if you're not chewing.  It really is a weird thing.  I can't fully taste or enjoy food. It's just sad, lol.  I really took the ability to chew for granted.  Now I know.

I'm going for my 3rd post op check up tomorrow am, so I may have more to report after that.

I've been feeling decent.  Not ready to run a marathon, but able to get out and about and function.  I keep trips to only a few hours because I'm not able to eat in public (easily or comfortably), so I just skip out between meals.

Here's how I look:


Here's a comparison of day 1 to 2 weeks: 


Definitely an improvement.  Here's a comparison of 1 week and 2 weeks post op:

Big improvement, even though I still am swollen and not looking like myself.  




No comments:

Post a Comment